RESEARCH RESULTS - 5/29/16
553 - Pioneer Cemeteries or Lone Graves have been located and identified
17,412 - Graves Identified and Documented
On Average, 31 Graves Per Research Location Found
47 Headstone's have been made & placed on Pioneer Graves
Arizona Pioneer & Cemetery Research Project (APCRP)
research, document and identify pioneer cemetery/grave locations to
protect and preserve them. Second,
the cleaning of the sites so that the graves of Pioneers can be
honorably presented. Third
First, research, document and identify pioneer cemetery/grave locations to protect and preserve them.
Second, the cleaning of the sites so that the graves of Pioneers can be honorably presented.
Third, to the extent possible, we will copy the data from the headstones and share the data with relatives and fellow Historians, via the APCRP website. Or any organization, person or group that shares APCRP Goals and objectives.
Fourth, restore or reconstruct the headstone as close to original condition as possible.
Fifth, is to maintain and administer the restored Pioneer Cemetery sites for the future, with volunteer assistance through the “Adopt-A-Cemetery” program.
Sixth, Restoration to raise public awareness for the protection these sites from further decomposition. 98% of all decay of these historic sites is NOT from vandals. Inspection by APCRP professionals find the causes are; apathy, abandonment, neglect, passing of time, the elements, lack of maintained fencing and wild life, respectively.
More specifically, APCRP goals are:
1. Research the exact location of the Pioneer Cemetery to allow relatives closure.
2. Physically locate and document the Pioneer Cemetery.
3. Clean and clear the derelict cemetery from centuries of abandonment and neglect.
4. Restore and preserve the Pioneer Cemetery.
5. Identify and mark individual grave sites with or without headstone markers.
6. Document and record those interred.
7. Register the cemetery with the appropriate authorities.
8. Restore and preserve the headstones.
9. Post names on the Arizona Pioneer & Cemetery Research Projects Web site for genealogical and history purposes.
10. Arrange local "Adopt a Cemetery" program for continued future maintenance, protection and preservation.
WebMaster: Neal Du Shane
Copyright ©2003-2016 Neal Du Shane
|copyright © 2016: apcrp.org|